October 4, 2023
The Catholic Institute for Development, Justice, and Peace (CIDJAP) is delighted to celebrate its 37th birthday, marking a journey of unrelenting commitment to advancing the pastoral and social teachings of the Church, promoting justice, and fostering holistic human development. In its many works, CIDJAP proudly includes its role as the first Ethics Institute in Nigeria, offering diploma certification in academic teaching and training on ethics.
CIDJAP, established in 1986, has evolved from modest beginnings into one of Nigeria’s most dynamic and versatile non-governmental, non-profit organizations, actively contributing to integral human development. The organization’s footprint spans a wide range of impactful projects and initiatives.
Some Key Achievements and Impact:
1. Education and Scholarship Programs: CIDJAP has made significant strides in education, providing scholarships and sponsorship for underprivileged children. Through its educational initiatives, thousands of students have received access to quality education.
2. Healthcare Initiatives: CIDJAP’s commitment to healthcare extends to providing primary healthcare facilities and general health provision programs, ensuring better healthcare access for numerous communities.
3. Poverty Alleviation: The organization has made significant strides in poverty alleviation through micro-credit and loans, housing initiatives, and community development projects, empowering individuals and families to escape poverty.
4. Human Rights Advocacy: CIDJAP’s dedication to justice is evident through its human rights training programs, conflict resolution and peace-building efforts, and advocacy for good governance and democracy. It has handled hundreds of litigations, facilitating the discharge and release of several prison inmates and raising awareness for the promotion and respect of fundamental human rights.
5. Interfaith Dialogue: CIDJAP has played a pivotal role in promoting dialogue and friendship between different religious communities, fostering peaceful coexistence and solidarity among diverse groups.
6. Entrepreneurial Ventures: CIDJAP has supported small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through its entrepreneurial leadership programs, empowering entrepreneurs to contribute to economic growth and self-reliance.
7. Caritas: CIDJAP’s Caritas desk, since its inception in 1996, has provided healthcare services, hospital bill payments, financial grants, and emergency relief supplies to orphans, widows, people with disabilities, and those in need.
8. Ofu Obi Africa Centre: The centre founded by CIDJAP is a highly regarded conference facility in Enugu State. The centre has hosted numerous workshops, conferences, retreats, seminars, meetings, and social events organized by CIDJAP and other government and private organizations. It offers accommodation, conference halls, business facilities, and beautiful landscapes.
As CIDJAP celebrates its 37th year, it remains committed to its mission of promoting justice, development, and peace. The organization’s recognition by local, national, and international agencies and organizations reflects its unwavering commitment to creating a more just and peaceful world.
CIDJAP Celebrates 37 Years of Transformative Impact
October 4, 2023