The International Integrating Reporting Council (IIRC) is organising its first biannual meeting and its Official Conference in February 2018. The event will be held in Tokyo, Japan.
IIRC is a global coalition of regulators, investors, companies, standard setters, the accounting profession and NGOs. Through this coalition, IIRC wishes to establish integrated reporting and thinking within mainstream business practice as the norm in the public and private sectors.
Globethics.net as a member of the IIRC Council, together with other Council members such as Deloitte, The World Bank and Transparency International, will attend the IIRC Council Meeting on 27 February. Obiora Ike, Globethics.net Executive Director, will present Globethics.net and the importance of consolidating Integrating Reporting (IR) within Higher Education Institutions to provide ethical and trustful educational systems.
As an IIRC Member, Globethics.net will be part of the Official IIRC Conference 2018, which will be hosted at two venues: Day one (28 February) will take place at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Tokyo; day two (1 March) will take place at the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE).
This year's conference will provide a forum for understanding how organisations are shaping the global conversation around good corporate governance and stewardship—a timely discussion as Japan prepares to chair the international debate of the G20 summit in 2019.
The event will involve contributions from internationally renowned speakers from USA, Europe, Australasia, South Africa and Asia—a truly global line-up—and provide a platform for interactive engagement on multiple topics, including:
- corporate governance: improving board leadership and effectiveness;
- leveraging connections between reporting and governance to support long-term value creation;
- coherent corporate reporting: achieving the right balance between regulatory discipline and market judgement;
- optimizing capital allocation within the investment chain; and
- meaningful and credible disclosure: Tackling the issue of boilerplate disclosure.